Skip navigation

MANCHESTER MAN MISSING SINCE LAST WEEK (PI) JB 10/27/14

A MANCHESTER MAN HAS BEEN MISSING SINCE LAST WEEK AFTER FAILING TO RETURN FROM A HUNTING TRIP.

59 YEAR OLD DAVE STORNETTA WAS LAST SEEN AT 7 AM LAST WEDNESDAY WHEN HE WENT OUT HUNTING EAST OF COVELO JUST ACROSS THE TRINITY COUNTY LINE. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET WITH HIS SON AT NOON FOR LUNCH, BUT NEVER SHOWED UP. STORNETTA IS KNOWN AS AN EXPERIENCED HUNTER WHO WAS FAMILIAR WITH THIS PARTICULAR AREA. ANYONE WITH INFORMATION ON THE POSSIBLE WHEREABOUTS OF STORNETTA ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE TRINITY COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE AT 530-623-2611,

MARIJUANA ABATEMENT CONTINUES IN LAKE COUNTY (LAW) JB 10/27/14

LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS ARE CONTINUING THE ABATEMENT OF UNAUTHORIZED MARIJUANA CULTIVATION IN NEIGHBORHOODS AROUND LAKE COUNTY.

IN A STATEMENT MADE BY THE COUNTY LAST FRIDAY, LAKE COUNTY OFFICIALS STATED THAT THERE CONTINUES TO BE A MISCOMMUNICATION AS TO THE NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION RECENTLY ISSUED BY A FEDERAL COURT AND ITS EFFECT ON MEASURE N. THE COUNTY REPORT SAID THAT THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT AND THE SHERIFFS NARCOTICS TASK FORCE HAVE PRIMARILY FOCUSED THEIR ABATEMENT EFFORTS ON NEIGHBORHOOD GROWS TO INCREASE PUBLIC SAFETY IN POPULATED COMMUNITY AREAS. APPROXIMATELY 194,000 PLANTS HAVE BEEN ERADICATED IN LAKE COUNTY TO DATE THIS YEAR.

ALL THOMPSON HARBOR BOAT RAMPS CLOSED (EVR/PI) JB 10/27/14

ALL PUBLIC BOAT RAMPS AT THE THOMPSON HARBOR BOAT LAUNCH IN CLEARLAKE ARE NOW CLOSED DUE TO LOW WATER LEVELS.

THE CLEARLAKE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR ANNOUNCED THE CLOSURE OF THE THREE REMAINING RAMPS AT THE HARBOR BOAT LAUNCH FACILITY AS A RESULT OF THE RECEDING WATER LEVEL. THE THREE RAMPS HAD REMAINED OPEN SINCE THE FACILITYS PARTIAL CLOSURE IN LATE AUGUST. THE CONDITIONS AT THE LAUNCH PRESENT BOTH SAFETY AS WELL AS LIABILITY CONCERNS AND, IT WAS REPORTED THAT A BOATER RECENTLY STRUCK A SUBMERGED PIECE OF EQUIPMENT OWNED BY AN AREA WATER COMPANY WHILE COMING INTO THE FACILITY.

BURN BAN LIFTED IN MENDOCINO COUNTY (EVR/LAW) JB 10/27/14

THANKS TO THE RECENT WET WEATHER, THE BURN BAN HAS BEEN LIFTED IN MENDOCINO COUNTY.

FOLLOWING RECENT RAINS AND OTHER FAVORABLE CONDITIONS, THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ANNOUNCED THAT IT HAS LIFTED THE BURN BAN IN MENDOCINO COUNTY AS OF SATURDAY. MENDOCINO NATIONAL FOREST OFFICIALS ANNOUNCED IT WILL BEGIN PRESCRIBED BURNINGS, AND ADVISED VISITORS THAT SMOKE MAY BE SEEN IN VARIOUS PARTS OF THE FOREST FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. AS THE 2014 FIRE SEASON HAS YET TO BE DECLARED AS COMPLETE, BURN PERMITS ARE STILL REQUIRED FOR ALL RESIDENTIAL BURNING.

NEW POLL SHOWS PROP 45 IS HEADED FOR DEFEAT (GOV) JB 10/27/14

A NEW POLL SHOWS A DRAMATIC DECLINE IN SUPPORT FOR PROPOSITION 45 AND PREDICTS THAT IT WILL BE DEFEATED NEXT MONTH.

THE RECORD BEE REPORTED THAT WITH ELECTION DAY LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY, THE ONCE-POPULAR BALLOT MEASURE THAT WOULD ALLOW THE STATES INSURANCE COMMISSIONER TO REJECT RATE HIKES BY HEALTH INSURERS APPEARS TO BE HEADED FOR DEFEAT. SUPPORT FOR PROPOSITION 45 WAS LEADING BY MORE THAN 4-1 EARLY THIS SUMMER, BUT NOW ONLY 39 PERCENT OF LIKELY VOTERS SAID THEY FAVOR THE INITIATIVE. IF PROPOSITION 45 PASSES, COVERAGE COSTS COULD CHANGE FOR ABOUT 6 MILLION HOLDERS OF INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE POLICIES AND PEOPLE WHO GET THEIR COVERAGE THROUGH SMALL BUSINESSES.

MAN ARRESTED IN UKIAH CARRYING A HATCHET (LAW) JB 10/27/14

A UKIAH MAN CARRYING A HATCHET AS HE WALKED THROUGH TOWN WAS ARRESTED BY SHERIFFS DEPUTIES.

MENDOCINO COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPUTIES WERE PATROLLING AN AREA OF SOUTH STATE STREET WHEN 28 YEAR OLD BARAQUEL RUIZ WAS WITNESSED WALKING DOWN THE STREET CARRYING WHAT APPEARED TO BE A HATCHET. RUIZ DISPLAYED SIGNS OF BEING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE AND PROVIDED A FALSE NAME TO DEPUTIES. A RECORDS CHECK SHOWED RUIZ HAD TWO FELONY WARRANTS FOR HIS ARREST AND THAT HE WAS ON FELONY PROBATION. RUIZ WAS ARRESTED ON MULTIPLE CHARGES AND BOOKED IN THE COUNTY JAIL ON A NO-BAIL STATUS.

SATURDAY MORNING FIRE DESTROYS TRAILER (LAW) JB 10/27/14

A FIRE ON SATURDAY MORNING DESTROYED A TRAILER IN CLEARLAKE.

THE FIRE WAS FIRST REPORTED AROUND 9:30 SATURDAY MORNING AT THE CORNER OF DAVIS AND EUREKA AVENUES IN CLEARLAKE. THE SINGLEWIDE MOBILE HOME WITH AN ADDITION WAS FULLY INVOLVED BY THE TIME FIREFIGHTERS ARRIVED. NO ONE WAS HOME AT THE TIME OF THE FIRE AND, IT WAS REPORTED THAT THE TRAILER WAS A VACATION HOME. THE CAUSE OF THE FIRE THAT RESULTED IN THE TOTAL LOSS OF THE TRAILER IS STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION.

MAN OBJECTS TO $242,000 RULING TO COVELO FAMILY (LAW) JB 10/27/14

A SANTA CRUZ MAN HAS OBJECTED TO THE $242,000 RULING AGAINST HIM INVOLVING AN ILLEGAL MARIJUANA GROW.

A LOCAL ATTORNEY HAS FILED AN OBJECTION IN MENDOCINO COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT, ON BEHALF OF ROSS MATEJCEK, TO A JUDGES TENTATIVE DECISION ORDERING PAYMENT OF $242,000 TO A COVELO FAMILY IN A CASE ALLEGEDLY INVOLVING A TRESPASS MARIJUANA GROW. THE OBJECTION FILED IS TO THE FINDINGS OF INTENTIONAL AND NEGLIGENT ENCROACHMENT AND TIMBER TRESPASS. THE ATTORNEY STATED THE TIMBER TRESPASS FINDING IS CONTRARY TO THE EVIDENCE AT TRIAL. ACCORDING TO COURT DOCUMENTS, MATEJCEK DIDNT DISPUTE SEVERAL OF THE FINDINGS AGAINST HIM, INCLUDING REMOVING 225 TREES THAT DIDNT BELONG TO HIM.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: