Skip navigation

WILLITS MAN ARRESTED ON SEXUAL ASSAULT CHARGES (LAW) JB 1/20/15

A WILLITS MAN IS IN CUSTODY AFTER BEING CHARGED WITH SEXUALLY ASSAULTING HIS FEMALE HOUSEMATE.

THE 22-YEAR-OLD FEMALE VICTIM RESPONDED TO THE MENDOCINO COUNTY SHERIFFS SUBSTATION IN WILLITS SATURDAY EVENING AND REPORTED THAT SHE HAD BEEN BEATEN AND SEXUALLY ASSAULTED BY HER HOUSEMATE, 26 YEAR OLD SEAN SHANNON. THE SUSPECT REPORTEDLY HAD BEATEN THE VICTIM AND HELD HER AGAINST HER WILL WHEN SHE TRIED TO FLEE THE RESIDENCE AND INJURIES SHE DISPLAYED WERE CONSISTENT WITH THE REPORTED SEXUAL ASSAULT. SHANNON WAS ARRESTED BY SHERIFFS DEPUTIES AT THE RESIDENCE AND IS BEING HELD ON $100,000 BAIL.

FORT BRAGG ROBBERY SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY (LAW) JB 1/20/15

THE SUSPECTS WANTED IN CONNECTION WITH AN ARMED ROBBERY IN FORT BRAGG ARE NOW IN CUSTODY IN SACRAMENTO.

FORT BRAGG POLICE OFFICIALS CONFIRMED THAT THE TWO SUSPECTS WANTED IN CONNECTION IN THE ARMED ROBBERY OF THE MENDOCINO VINTAGE STORE LAST MONTH HAVE BEEN APPREHENDED. 33-YEAR-OLD MICHAEL ORTIZ AND 27 YEAR OLD CHANZIE COX ARE SEEN ON SECURITY FOOTAGE FROM THE STORE TAKING CASH AND GOLD JEWELRY DURING THE ROBBERY. BOTH SUSPECTS ARE IN CUSTODY AT THE SACRAMENTO COUNTY JAIL WITH BOTH FACING CHARGES OF MULTIPLE ROBBERIES IN MULTIPLE STATES.

3 MORE POSSIBLE DISNEY MEASLES CASES (PI) JB 1/20/15

3 MORE POSSIBLE CASES SURFACE IN THE MEASLES OUTBREAK CONNECTED WITH DISNEYLAND.

PUBLIC HEALTH AUTHORITIES IN SAN DIEGO SAY THEY HAVE IDENTIFIED THREE PROBABLE CASES OF MEASLES AMID A WIDER OUTBREAK OF THE DISEASE. AS WITH CONFIRMED CASES, THE CASES ANNOUNCED MONDAY INVOLVED PEOPLE WHO TRAVELED TO DISNEYLAND LAST MONTH. THE THREE LATEST CASES, NONE OF WHOM HAD BEEN VACCINATED, JOIN THE SEVERAL DOZEN PEOPLE WHO CONTRACTED THE DISEASE EITHER DURING A MID DECEMBER VISIT TO DISNEYLAND OR BY COMING INTO CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAD BEEN THERE.

COASTAL TRAIL IN FORT BRAGG TO HAVE SOFT OPENING (EVR) JB 1/20/15

A SOFT OPENING IS EXPECTED BY THE END OF THE MONTH FOR THE COASTAL TRAIL AFTER THE PUBLIC PROVED THEY COULDNT WAIT FOR IT TO BE FINISHED.

THE ADVOCATE NEWS REPORTED THAT THE FORT BRAGG PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR SAID THAT ALTHOUGH THE TRAIL HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY OPENED, IT HAS HAD QUITE A BIT OF FOOT TRAFFIC. IN ORDER TO MAKE THE LOCATION SAFE BEFORE THE SOFT OPENING, THE CITY HOPES TO HAVE THE NEW PARKING LOT FINISHED AND THE RESTROOMS AND TRASH BARRELS INSTALLED SOON. A NEW SET OF CABLE STAIRS LEADING DOWN TO GLASS BEACH IS NOT COMPLETED AND WILL NOT BE ACCESSIBLE UNTIL THEY CAN BE SAFELY COMPLETED. THE GRAND OPENING FOR THE TRAIL IS EXPECTED IN LATE SPRING.

IMMIGRANTS ACCESS TO BIRTH RECORDS EASED (GOV) JB 1/20/15

MEXICAN CONSULATES WORLDWIDE ARE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR IMMIGRANTS TO ACCESS THEIR BIRTH RECORDS.

THE PRESS DEMOCRAT REPORTED THAT A CHANGE IN PRACTICE BY MEXICAN CONSULATES AROUND THE WORLD MEANS THOSE BORN IN MEXICO WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO TRAVEL BACK TO THEIR HOMELAND TO OBTAIN A BIRTH CERTIFICATE. IMMIGRATION ADVOCATES SAY THIS SHIFT WILL HELP THOSE LIVING THE IN THE U.S. ILLEGALLY PROVE THEIR IDENTITY WHEN THEY APPLY FOR DEPORTATION REPRIEVE LATER THIS YEAR. THE EASED ACCESS TO BIRTH RECORDS WILL ALSO AIDE UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS WHO ARE APPLYING FOR A DRIVERS LICENSE UNDER AB60, AS WELL AS WORK PERMITS FOR EMPLOYMENT.

SUP. BROWN TO STEP DOWN AFTER TERM COMPLETED (GOV) JB 1/20/15

5TH DISTRICT SUPERVISOR ROB BROWN HAS ANNOUNCED THAT HE WILL STEP DOWN AFTER THE COMPLETION OF HIS CURRENT TERM.

SUPERVISOR BROWN, WHO IS IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS FOURTH TERM AS 5TH DISTRICT SUPERVISOR, STATED THAT HE WILL NOT SEEK RE-ELECTION FOR THE POSITION IN 2016. AS A SUPPORTER OF LIMITED GOVERNMENT, BROWN SAID THAT HE BELIEVES FOUR TERMS IS ENOUGH AND IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH NEW IDEAS AND ENERGY TO STEP IN. DURING HIS FOUR TERMS, BROWN HAS WORKED ON SUCH PROJECTS AS THE PURCHASE OF MOUNT KONOCTI, THE SKATE PARK PLANS FOR KELSEYVILLE AND THE FUNDING OF THE KELSEYVILLE SENIOR CENTER.

CONGRESSMAN GARAMENDI TO VISIT LAKE COUNTY (GOV) JB 1/20/15

CONGRESSMAN JOHN GARAMENDI WILL BE MAKING TWO PUBLIC APPEARANCES IN LAKE COUNTY ON FRIDAY.

THE CONGRESSMAN IS SCHEDULED TO JOIN HAMMERS FOR HOPE AND CALPINE AT THE HOME OF A RESIDENT OF THE 3RD DISTRICT WHOSE HOME SUFFERED MAJOR DAMAGE FROM A STORM IN DECEMBER. GARAMENDIS OFFICE HAD REACHED OUT TO HAMMERS FOR HOPE WHO RECENTLY COMPLETED REPAIRS ON THE RESIDENTS HOME. FROM 2:30 TO 3:30 FRIDAY AFTERNOON, GARAMENDI WILL SPEAK AT THE LIVE OAK SENIOR CENTER, TAKING QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE AND COVERING TOPICS SUCH AS SOCIAL SECURITY, MEDICARE AND OTHER SENIOR PROGRAMS.

ANGLERS HELPING WITH STEELHEAD COLLECTION (EVR) JB 1/20/15

THE DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE AND LOCAL ANGLERS ARE WORKING TOGETHER TO INCREASE THE STEELHEAD POPULATION ON THE MAD RIVER.

THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE TRAINED 21 ANGLERS AT THE MAD RIVER HATCHERY THIS WEEK TO AID IN THE COLLECTION OF WILD-ORIGIN STEELHEAD FROM THE MAD RIVER. THESE ANGLERS, CALLED MAD RIVER STEELHEAD STEWARDS, HAVE VOLUNTEERED THEIR TIME TO HELP THE HATCHERY MEET ITS ANNUAL PRODUCTION GOALS. THE STEWARDS WILL BEGIN COLLECTING FISH NEXT WEEK AND THE PROGRAM IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE UNTIL AT LEAST THE END OF FEBRUARY. A VOLUNTEER PROGRAM OF THIS SCOPE HAS NEVER BEEN IMPLEMENTED IN CALIFORNIA, ALTHOUGH SIMILAR PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN IN PLACE IN OREGON FOR SOME TIME.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: